Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some YouTube videos - week 9

I really like Youtube - you can find some really good videp clips with relative ease - which makes it an invaluable resource for the classroom and library. Of course, like other resources, we have to teach our students to think critically about the videos they watch on YouTube - with technological advances, it makes it a lot easier for people to create fake videos (i.e. Science experiments)depicting outcomes that are untrue.

But one of the things that I don't like about YouTube is the random and sometimes inappropriate stuff that results from your search - for example, today I searched "teacher-librarian and 21st century learning" - the first few videos seemed fine, but then I look down the list and see "sexy teacher-librarian". Now, I didn't look at the video, so I don't know what that's all about, but the title alone made me feel uncomfortable. Come on, really, what's the relevance here?

I can see why teachers would want to use TeacherTube.

But here are a couple of videos I like:



No comments:

Post a Comment