Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Social Bookmarking - Delicious! - week 7

Okay, back to reality...those were some Olympics, right? What a wonderful and distracting two weeks it has been! The "Go Canada Go" feeling is still with me as I read the paper each morning.

But back to work...well, more specifically - back to my blogging!

So I played with Delicious today - and at first, after I read through the "how to" part, I thought to myself - "okay, what now?" I was confused for a couple of minutes, but I think I have the basic idea now.

I did a couple of simple searches and was able to bookmark a bunch of useful sites.


My Bookmark

But I do have one question - can I bookmark to delicious without being logged on to my account? I ask this because sometimes I find great websites, but I may not necessarily be in my delicious account. I like the "add to favorites" button so I was wondering if there was one for delicious...I think I read something about it, but didn't quite get what they were saying...

I see a lot of potential for this. Students, teachers, and TLs can easily share resources with one another for a variety of occasions - again, this makes the process of collaboration and sharing that much easier.

For me personally, I love the fact that I can bookmark a bunch a useful websites for students and send the class to one place to access them. This makes it a lot easier for me and them - and I would love to get them looking at lists other than the first page of a Google search! I really think the ease of this would encourage students to use recommended websites more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment