Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The student helps the teacher

Thought I would share a great moment that I had this week…you know how Prensky’s article talks about using the students as teachers or experts of technology and they would thrive on that? Well, I had a chance to experience how helpful they can be and how much they enjoy helping us. On Tuesday I was asking a computer savvy student about creating live links in my blog and it was right before the bell so he didn’t have time to answer my questions. Anyways, he comes back at lunch and brings me a book: “Blogging for dummies”! He made the effort to go to VPL (which is downstairs from us) and borrowed it for me - Isn’t that the nicest thing? I was so touched and surprised by the gesture. And he seemed pretty happy and proud that he could help me.

The book totally helped, I figured out how to create an embedded/live link. It was a simple thing that I needed to do, I just didn’t know I had to do it.
Another learning moment for me…and it wasn’t just about my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment