Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Final Reflections -week 13

It has been a long journey – one of the most intense yet enjoyable terms I’ve had so far. What a great way to complete my diploma!

The list of what I have learned during the last few months is incredibly long – I swear I’ve never I had so many usernames and passwords to remember! Scrolling through my blog, I am reminded of all my learning moments…

But I would have to say there are two things that are the most important to me.

First is the knowledge that the world is changing and technology is evolving everyday. It is not going to stop and therefore we, as educators, must change and adapt to it if we are going to stay relevant. And more importantly, we must embrace the changes if we are to educate our students and equip them with skills that they will need in the real world. Creating lifelong learners is our main goal and we must create learning opportunties that mean something to them.

Secondly, I’ve learned that I can learn! Sounds funny, but it’s true. Before I took this course, I didn’t know half of these tools, programs, and terms and now…not only have I created a photo album and my first wiki, I’ve also recorded my first ever podcast! All of this play seemed so overwhelming and scary when we first begun, and now I approach each new tool with excitement and confidence that I can learn to use them.

Although this course is coming to an end, I know my learning has only just begun. I will continue with my “can do” and “play” attitude - and I hope I can pass on some of what I’ve learned here to my colleagues and students as a way to support them as learners and teachers in the 21st Century. Who knows...maybe I'll even continue this blogging thing. : )

Lifelong learning…here I come! : ) thanks so much…it’s been a blast! Best of luck to all of you! Rest up, catch up on sleep, visit friends and family...all things I'm really looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment